Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day two ...

Radiation day two. I don't "glow in the dark" yet. The procedure was much faster today, as there was nothing extra they had to do. I assumed the position, and stared at the ceiling while the machine did its thing. Then off to Arby's for lunch.

And as of today, there is MUSIC in my house! I came across a used pair of kenwood components, two small speakers and now there is wonderful music! Up until now it was a boom box from Wal-Mart. Maybe it was a dumb thing to spend $75 on, but I know it will lift my spirits.

Music has always spoken to my soul, classical in particular. I cut my teeth on it I think. I think though each person loves a particular genre the end result is often the same, across cultures, races, and walks of life.

The other thing I did today was to take a special quilt with me to the radiation treatment. It was like having my dearest friend there with me.

I will get through this. I can do this.

2 comments:

  1. i thought of you today Peggy and said a prayer for you. you are not alone. i'm so glad to hear you have music, i believe it is healing to the soul.

    i'm sending the link to one of the most beautiful songs i have ever heard called 'The Prayer' sung by a 7 yr old girl. it is absolutely awesome. this will take you right to the stars.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9caTclKNXnw

    sending you love and lots of gentle hugs, bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did it again Patty!! for some reason i have 'Peggy' on the brain. i was about to go to bed when it hit me. i am so sorry. i'll try to remember to coordinate my brain and hands next time. sweet dreams

    ReplyDelete