Thursday, June 16, 2011

yawn ...

I don't often write about health issues, but I will this time ... it's three a.m. and i haven't been to sleep yet. Got up at 7 ... made a round trip to Ann Arbor and back with a friend ... four hour drive one way.  She's beginning reconstruction surgery post mastectomy (double).  I'm along for moral support, and after next Friday, she'll not be allowed to drive for three weeks.  I am reminded of the Biblical admonishment to "take the beam out of your own eye before attempting to remove the "mote" from someone else's.  In a nutshell, take care of yourself or you're no good  to anyone else.  Today was a classic example.  A four hour stretch in the car is too long without hourly pit stops to do a few laps around the car. Consequently, both of us were stiff and sore. And now, being overly tired, I can't sleep.    I'm sharing this with you as a "wake up" call ... are you doing all you can to take care of your own selves, so you CAN be there for someone else ... ?  Be good stewards with your own health and well being.   

No comments:

Post a Comment