Monday, May 16, 2011

Catching Up ...

Discover Great New Writers, Barnes & Noble Deal of the Day  , Rare and Antiquarian 125x125 Easy Updates 120x90

Some Interesting Stuff here .... from Barnes & Noble,  Personal Creations, Abe Books,

I've been busy. I set some goals for myself this year, and so far I'm definitely "in the ball park" of achieving them. One of the things I wanted to do was to really challenge my quilt making, and so far I'm up to 15 or 16 tops since January 1!  Some are new projects, some are "UFOs" (unfinished objects), and I've tried to maintain a balance between them.  My sewing room (a 9 x 9 building outside of the house) is full of projects started over my 39 years of quilt making. Yup, I found my FIRST quilt project, begun in 1972 ... one of the blocks for the quilt has the date embroidered on it.  Two other blocks bear the embroidery of my two grandmothers.  That quilt is a hodgepodge of  fabrics, left over pieces from clothing, aprons, you name it, and a lot of my father's white shirt sleeves!  Even if I manage to finish the thing, I doubt it will ever be used as a quilt, more as a recording of a time past.    


Another goal was to move my friend's quilting business further into the successful lane.  She's a fascinating person, a true genius with cloth, but my organizational skills were certainly needed.  As I watch her grow, publish her first book (even a 2nd edition of it!), and work on her second, I find a sense of accomplishment in myself as well.  I want her to succeed!  She has a gift to share, and I'd like to see it given time and time again.  What's in it for me? Lots of things, most of which are intrinsic.  Obviously my own skills in quilt making will improve, and no quilt maker alive can ever say she has no room to grow.  Check her out  Here.


SO, my challenge to you, check the goals you set in January, and see how on the mark you are. Adjust if necessary! Believe in yourself, because I believe in YOU!


Um, and if you'd be so kind as to click on some of the links in my blog, you help to keep my web site free.  It doesn't cost YOU anything (unless you shop!), but it helps to put some pennies in the coffers for me.  Your help is greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment