Monday, March 28, 2011

Albert Camus

30% Off All Orders at Personal Creations Personal Creations - Personalized Gifts 120x60

"In the midst of winter, I found there was an invincible summer."

Ah yes!  I think we are given "winter" to regroup ... and to prepare for what comes.  In just a few more days it will be April!  Already the male robins have arrived ... some of the hardy souls didn't even leave.  The sand hill cranes are back ... and blades of grass peek through Mother Nature's sense of humor left over from last week.

I'm anxious to paw through the snow to see if the crocus are poked through yet!

Today's "spring cleaning" was in my outlook email basket.  I tend to hang onto "hair shirts". You know the type, the emails that re-reading only dredge up old issues and rip open old scars.  I made a statement in January, that this was the year I kicked the bad habit of "victim mentality" and moved into a more productive place.  Well, hanging onto all those old emails wasn't "productive", so I deleted them.  I'm sure my computer heaved a sigh of relief.  I AM, after all, a dedicated pack rat!!!

My challenge to you? Cut your ties to old hurts. Let them go, blow them away.  What's happened even just five minutes ago is over and done with and there's nothing you can do about it.  Live in the moment, and look forward. Not backward!



No comments:

Post a Comment