Monday, August 30, 2010

Christmas in August

Today was very discouraging. Sherri and I planned this big event at the shop, and have been talking it up for two months. Christmas in August! We wrapped all the Christmas fabric in Christmas wrapping paper, I made Christmas cookies and Christmas Tea, we had Christmas mugs and plates ... last year's Christmas fabric was 30% off ... and NO ONE CAME. Very discouraging.

We did get some inventory accomplished, and mailed off things that had been ordered when Sherri was teaching at Thunder Bay Resort last weekend.

SO, I hope all of you are planning ahead, and getting your Christmas sewing done!!! Be sure to look up the Mile a Minute pattern by Carol Coski. you can order it here. This is simply the BEST way to use up all your scraps, of any size or color. I use the Batting Buddy from Fun and Done quilts, and even used up my batting scraps! Try it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment